Narrow and Wide Band Shunt Tester
The Model 322 Narrow and Wide Band Shunt Tester is a field-portable device, used primarily on-track, with an accuracy specification of +/- 3%, plus or minus one digit.
It is an excellent option for detecting:
- Major detuning caused by water leakage; surge damage; loose internal connections, etc.
- Low attenuation, caused by the above.
- Mislabelled shunts and couplers.
- Shunts that are affecting overlapped circuits.
- DC leakage, causing problems with DC track circuits.
- Identifying shunts/couplers that are OK [therefore speeding the process of elimination].
- Whether shunts/couplers and their related transmitters align properly.
View the pdf below for full details